May 31, 2012 by tattoomummy
This Pesto was also made as part of the Gourmet Garden blog challenge that I mentioned here.
- 1 tube Gourmet Garden minced basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 500 grams chicken, diced
- pasta to serve
- Put your pasta on to cook
- Cook chicken until brown.
- Add garlic and entire tube of basil, stir.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and add to the fry pan with the chicken/basil/garlic
- Add parmesan cheese.
- Toss everything around so the pasta and the chicken are nicely coated
This meal is SO easy. It takes about as long as it takes the pasta to cook, which in this case is 20 minutes in the microwave.
This is another one that the children love and therefore, I love making it.
You can also add pine nuts to make it a “proper” pesto, but we’re not too picky here.